Information and Activities
· Calgary Transit Changes: http://www.calgarytransit.com/
· Age Friendly Calgary Resources: Essential phone numbers for seniors: HERE
· Alberta Health Services Help in Tough Times: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh/Page16759.aspx
·PLEASE BE AWARE OF ONLINE SCAMS AS WELL AS PHONE-CALL SCAMS: https://globalnews.ca/news/6692519/coronavirus-phone-scam-alberta-health-credit-card/
· Kerby Center has a Seniors Hotline: HERE
· Grocery Stores: click HEREto see a list of grocery stores in SW Calgary, their hours, and special services.
· City of Calgary - Seniors Services +Resources https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/CNS/Pages/Seniors/Seniors-Programs-Services.asp
· Q & A Regarding Senior's Housing: HERE
· City of Calgary's Community Resources Page: HERE
· Financial Supports for People Impacted by COVID-19: HERE
· Alberta.ca - COVID-19 info for Albertans: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx?fbclid=IwAR25qtmBm0RXteG53o-hCFahlQRQoi8DBUxiTta3Tndc-spjIUH3dYThH2Q
STAY SAFE ONLINE:
When using online activities over this next few weeks, here are some suggestions to keep yourself safe:
Before discussing the online activities available for seniors, it’s important to take a moment to talk about safety.
Oscar Senior is a communication platform that can help you stay in touch with your family + friends, have fun online in a safe space, and learn about technology: https://www.oscarsenior.com/
ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES SELF-ASSESSMENT:
Alberta Health Services has released a new "Self-Assessment" tool. Here is the link:
ONLINE TOURS - MUSEUMS AND ZOOS AROUND THE WORLD:
JUST BECAUSE AIRLINES AND BORDERS HAVE BEEN CLOSED, DOES NOT MEAN WE CAN'T TRAVEL THE WORLD!
Here are some links to online virtual tours of Museums and Zoos around the world:
NEWS & RADIO LINKS:
Stay updated with SAFE AND RELIABLE news sites:
FITNESS AND ACTIVITY LINKS:
We are encouraging all people to stay active in this time. Here are some resources for you to use to get your body moving!
Activities for Seniors from City of Calgary: https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/Pages/At-Home-Activities/active/ways-to-stay-active-adults.aspx